Monday, May 12, 2008

Two Things I Hate

Hate is a strong word. I typically choose to not use it... or try not to.

However, I have developed a great hate of Windows Vista. Failure once again with the computer being set back to factory settings (just did this). This time I at least had a back up of everything (except my internet bookmarks - that was a bummer), but I still have to reinstall EVERYTHING. But I'm getting to be a professional at it, so it goes much faster. Hopefully by the end of the week, maybe I'll be functional again.

I hate the curse that Eve brought on us women. It's a good thing that Heaven is a perfect place or I'd really have to let her have it for eating that darn fruit.

Combining the two things I hate has made life so pleasant.

4 comments:

topher1kenobe said...

You know, Linux is mighty cool. And a LOT easier to use than Vista.

Cal said...

Why did I know that LinuxMan would be the first one out of the box with comments on this one? :-D

Actually, the good alternative (from someone not totally anti-windows...) is to bomb the thing back to the stone age, pick up a copy of XP, and put an actual working OS on that baby. My life motto? Avoid The Vista Experience. :-D

Anonymous said...

I've heard so many complaints about Vista! I haven't bought a new computer since the latest OS was XP, so I don't have to deal with that headache.

As far as the curse... I hear ya! Why don't we just throw away 12 weeks of each year and call it good?

Rock Chef said...

I am using Vista at work and it seems OK - but all the setting up has been done by guys who do nothing else, so I guess I have an advantage. I am not looking forward to getting it at home,but this won't be for a while yet so hopefully it will be better by then.

As for the Curse, I get caught in the fall-out and couldn't agree more. :-)