So it has been a wild week (which one isn't these days). We've gone from driveway washouts, to crazy kid days, garage sale messes, and driveway reconstruction. I'm tired.
We tried to go to the cottage last weekend with our kids and cousins Logan and Kenzie. Instead we got to shovel all the sand that should be under our driveway off the top of it thanks to torrential rain. We made "I Spy" finders out of tin foil rolls, finger painted, watched movies, and played lots of games. It was a lot of fun to have all the kids together.
Our cantilevered driveway.
The four musketeers.
Gentleman, start your engine.
Someday he'll learn not to eat the bottom out of his cone first. Until then, we'll have lots of sticky messes.
All the kids were a "big help" moving sand.
My friend Elizabeth gave me this lunch idea. The boys and I had a picnic in the living room and munched on a variety of different foods for lunch. It came in really handy since I didn't have much of anything in the house to make a meal out of. Great way to eat lots of fruits, veggies, and good foods. It would also be a great way to enjoy not so healthy foods, but in moderate portions.
I'm participating in a group garage sale this week. I managed to pull together stuff and hung out in a really warm and humid driveway all day. I came out only slightly pink. I had to rush home as our hired help and family who were drug into the mess helped pack all that sand back under the driveway and put drain tile in. Storms are suppose to come through in the next 24 hours so we'll see if it holds.
It was a warm and muggy night to haul sand and dirt.
Ryan tries to help Uncle Ben get the work done.
We tried to go to the cottage last weekend with our kids and cousins Logan and Kenzie. Instead we got to shovel all the sand that should be under our driveway off the top of it thanks to torrential rain. We made "I Spy" finders out of tin foil rolls, finger painted, watched movies, and played lots of games. It was a lot of fun to have all the kids together.
My friend Elizabeth gave me this lunch idea. The boys and I had a picnic in the living room and munched on a variety of different foods for lunch. It came in really handy since I didn't have much of anything in the house to make a meal out of. Great way to eat lots of fruits, veggies, and good foods. It would also be a great way to enjoy not so healthy foods, but in moderate portions.
7 comments:
Hello
Holy cow that's alot of water damage! Hope you have an easy time fixing it! And great pictures too!
I'm impressed that you managed to accomplish all that work with extra kids on hand!
ditto to what terri said above...
we're such a dry state here...i never think about what damage water can do..we're always wanting more of it...
Welcome Paul.
We still keep missing all the rain that is suposedly coming so the repair is get to be tested.
The kids managed to entertain each other quite a bit of that time.
I have never heard that word before "Cantilevered" but wow...what a mess it looks like you guys had--and bummer that insurance doesn't cover it. I hope the storms are done coming your way!
Ps. You're "the bomb" for taking Logzie's kids for her!!
That is pretty bad damage, but having seen what is happening elsewhere I think you can count your blessings!
Why do kids always eat the bottom of the cone?
Post a Comment