Friday, June 20, 2008

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

The Good:
* My schedule got cleared out for a couple of days and got lots accomplished.
* I had to clean my house anyways for our "thank you for helping build our house/move us in" party this weekend.
* My house is on it's way to being REALLY clean.
* Hubby brought home Chinese for dinner. That's a great reward for cleaning all day.

The Bad:
* Was diagnosed with Scabies yesterday. It's a mite/organism that lives under your skin causing rash and itching. Contagious. 4-8 week gestation before symptoms appear. Got it from my brother's family who was misdiagnosed for 2 months... Found spots on my boys today. We are all covered with medicine and by tomorrow we'll be past the point of transfer. Just a lot more to clean.
* Have to wash everything. I'm on load #10 of 15 in laundry world.
* I had to cancel 3 get-togethers things to get past the contagious point.
* I have to call all my friends and warn them what to watch for in case I've exposed them. I'M SORRY! We didn't know.

The Ugly:
* My thighs. Normally they are far from beautiful, but with a rash all over, they are quite the sight. I'll be wearing pants for a while.
* I'm grossed out by my own body.

What I'm Telling Myself:
* It could be far worse. We caught it early, it's a pretty simple treatment.
* Just one more thing to get through.
* Our friend Dave said that I "have the most bizarre medical history." I guess there is a time and season for everything. It's just been a long season.

7 comments:

Evil Transport Lady said...

Oh No ~runs away and hides~ JUST KIDDING! Oh my you've had a rough year! I hope the itching goes away fast! Treat yourself to something that makes you happy and just go with the flow:)

Anonymous said...

Umm...a little freaked out now. I've been wondering how I got poison ivy on my wrist and arm and now I am wondering....

Anonymous said...

Oh man... that is some BAD luck. Well.... maybe having to stay away from everyone else for a few days will give you a chance to catch your breath, so to speak.

Kiki said...

When my mom was in the hospital for her gall bladder surgery we were exposed to scabies...had to cover ourselves in medicine...I remember the experience as being unpleasant...I feel for you girl and am hoping for a quick recovery with as little discomfort as possible. Take care.

Jen said...

ohhh man...boy do I know about scabies! We found out (the hard way) that scabies is the equivillent to mange in dogs. When Grant was 1 our babysitter who alwasy brought her dog along and who we later found out had mange--apparently gave it to Grant. He was an itchy, rashy mess. We went to about 4 pediatritians before we FINALLY got it diagnosed and figured out. THen began the cream. That was not fun. I hope yours clears up quickly! Hooray for hubby bringing home dinner and for a clean house!! yahoo!

Rock Chef said...

Reminds me of the great Scabies epidemic of '85. Just about everyone we knew caught it and was smothered in cream. My girlfriend and I somehow escaped!

Congrats on the house!

Logzie said...

So far, so good here... It doesn't sound fun at all! How long before you are out of quaranteen? :)