I have completed 21 loads of laundry (I think) and have another 4 or 5 left (stuffed animals, jackets, etc). We have all been rid of the scabies and our home sanitized. I even got most of my decorations on the walls and shelves finally and Andy mowed our growing lawn (YEAH).
Yesterday we had 34 people over to say "Thanks" to for helping with the house and moving. Sad thing is it was only about 1/2 of the people we invited. The good thing is it rained for just a little bit and it was a full house. We had hamburger, hot dogs, and bacon burgers (small chopped bacon mixed in to the burgers - they were AMAZING). I also had a spinach/strawberry/candied almond salad, bacon/pasta salad, & greek salad with chips, cupcakes and brownies. No one went hungry and we'll be eating burgers for a while. I'm good with that. Less cooking for me this week.
This morning I took the boys out to the strawberry and we picked (more like I picked) 12 qts of strawberries. Tyler ate the berries and Ryan kept dumping them from one container to another. It was a lot of fun in between trying to keep Ty from walking on the plants and from taking other people's berries. Now comes the task of making jam, Kuckie's strawberry cream puffs, shortcake, pie, smoothies, and whatever else sounds good. Yum oh. This is not going to be a figure friendly week. Strawberries are a definite weakness.
3 comments:
Mmmm, I love strawberries. Now I want a big cake for lunch!
Good to hear you are clear of the nasties!
Sounds like a great time! You deserved a good time!
You inspired me to go Strawberry picking!! I did it today and it was so much FUN!! Definately something I'll do every single year!
Got any recipes for a good strawberry shortcake??
Post a Comment