Monday, July 14, 2008

Dear Mommy

If my boys could have written me a letter about what today would be like, this is what it would say...

Dear Mommy,
Welcome home from your trip. We hope you got a lot of rest because today we are going to give you one heck of a welcome party. We will fuss, throw fits, refuse to eat, yell, etc. On occasion we will throw a fit at the same time and really make you work. Other times we'll take turns. When you get one of us to calm down and think you can breathe again, the other one of us will kick in.

We will not nap, and if we do it won't be for long. That will leave us tired, hungry, and to top it off, one of us is getting molars. That will make your happy-go-luck child cry all day long. In fact, one of us will cry hard enough and long enough to make ourself throw up in the car.

However we promise to end the day needing you, wanting hugs, stories, and your attention. Daddy will not be enough. We'll leave you realizing that it was worth it all. We love you, but we're gonna make you work for it.
Love,
Buddy & Little Man

Luckily this letter would have come with it...

Dear Jenelle,
I know that you will face trouble today. My strength is perfect when yours is gone. I will not give you more than you can handle. It won't be easy. I love you and I'll help you through it all.
Love,
God

7 comments:

Jen said...

That is SO CUTE! Love the letters! LOVE LOVE LOVE the letter from God. I need to put my name at the top and print that off to hang somewhere I'll always see it!
Thanks also for the sweet and heartfelt comment you left me today. I appreciate you taking the tim to read my post and give me a sincere answer, which I think is exactly what I need to do too.

Kuckie said...

Wow, I've been through the "crying so hard they threw up" thing too. That's no fun. Sorry your day was rough, I'm sure theirs was too...but at least you have some good perspective!

*Hugs to you!*

Logzie said...

Sorry your day was so hard. We had a hard day or two after coming home from CA too. I like your perspective on it though. :)

topher1kenobe said...

It gets better, I promise.

Amanda said...

One of my favorite tricks when both kids decide to throw fits at the same time...throw a fit yourself. Pretend to cry and stomp your feet - amazingly, it works like a charm. :)

Anonymous said...

good post.

tz said...

big sigh!
There have been many many times we've all needed God's shoulder...nothing like kids to make you realize that!