Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's A Date

My hubby and I are actually going on a date tomorrow night. I'm so excited that I can hardly contain myself. I don't actually remember when our last night out was. Obviously that means that it has been too long. Luckily Andy had a birthday. We are sure to get 3 dates a year - birthdays & anniversary. Anything other than that is negotiable.

We hired a babysitter for the evening. Luckily we have a gift certificate for a REALLY nice seafood restaurant downtown on the river. If it's nice outside I'd love to get an outdoor balcony table. I'll eat myself sick tomorrow but it will be totally worth it.

Hit some AWESOME sales today at JCPenney's and stocked up on clothing for Ryan for next year. Don't usually shop there, but OshKosh and Nike for $2-$5 you can't pass up. He doesn't get many new cloths. Mostly garage sale finds and hand-me-downs from friends and family. However, he's catching up size wise to many of the kids we get hand-me-downs from. The gravy train is coming to a halt. However a cousin may have a bunch of stuff that I can buy off her.

I also purchased a new swimsuit top lest I give children nightmares with the old worn out top. Sorry Teresa, I'll have to avoid creating a great post, but it might be your son's eyes I'm protecting!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

LOL!! I hope you guys have a FANTASTIC time on your date! Hey, if you ever want to have a date night in Holland...you can drop the boys off anytime! :)

Evil Transport Lady said...

Wow Have a great time!!!!! And kudos on the bargain shopping!

tz said...

Can't wait to hear how your date went..no matter how much you love your family...it's so nice just to have alone time to reconnect with your spouse!

I'm catching up on blog reading so happy belated bday to your hubby...what a very nice tribute that was!