The flu had a mind of it's own and this is what I've learned about their plans.
* It likes to hit in the summer when least expected and feels so much more severe, when you can look out the window and see everything you are missing.
* Its span can be lengthened out by getting only one symptom at a time, to beat you down when you start to think you might be getting better.
* It thinks itself humorous to show up at the same time of the month as other bodily complications to make body aches even more fun,
* Even a bathroom linoleum floor can be slept on if necessary. And yes, your back will pay for it th next day, and the next day.
* It likes to make its appearance when childcare is most difficult to arrange.
* You actually get time to catch up on reading or other things you've been putting off but you are too tired to do anything but lay there and watch really old reruns of Project Runway.
* In total - the flu sucks.
3 comments:
So true!
If anyone ever invents a total cure for this I will be their slave for a year!
Oh Jenelle! I hardly know what to say. It seems like you all have been sick A LOT this year. I'm really sorry! You can always call me if you need someone to take the boys for a bit.
at least it's not morning sickness... :)
Post a Comment