Tuesday, July 01, 2008

B-O-L-O-G-N-A

Thank goodness for the song or I'd never be able to spell that word.

I had to smile and laugh at lunch yesterday. My hubby came home for lunch with me and the kids. I don't normally buy bologna, but occassionally I get it for Andy's lunches (at his request). We sat down to eat and Ryan looked at him and asked "What's bologna?" I was so proud. My son is 4 1/2 and was yet to discover what this meat byproduct was... Sorry if you like it but I can't stand the small, taste, or texture. Besides, I try to keep things a little less processed and artificial. Unfortunately, he enjoyed it. A mom can only do so much.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, I love bologna and am more than willing to buy it for my kids, but they will not eat much of anything in sandwich form.

Teresa said...

That's a good reason to be proud! I don't think my kids have ever seen, touched or tasted bologna either! I doubt they would like it either. But of course, they ARE picky.

Rock Chef said...

My kids love salami, which I think is similar. The more it smells the more they like it, which is odd considering how fussy they can be about other things!

Evil Transport Lady said...

My kids like lunch meats, in this part of PA you can't get away with from it. Tho thankfully they don't eat alot of it.

Amanda said...

Ha - I'm so with you! I don't think my kids know what it is...yet.

They just discovered ravioli in a can. And unfortunately, loved it.