Woke up this morning on a mission. There was much to be accomplished today. I started the day off by whipping up a batch of my fiber-filled oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (and yes they tasted awesome). I make them often enough that I've really got it down to a science. 3 dozen cooling cookies and we were out the door for more blood work.
The strep last week really threw my blood levels off. I've gone from blood not thin enough to blood WAY too thin. That means I have a medical reason to be tired and lazy this week. Reality says get your but in gear anyways.
I decided to bring the lab ladies some of our cookies to say thanks for all their care and kindness. I'm there often enough to start creating some relationships with the gals. My usual favorite "Laura" wasn't there today. She picks up books at thrift stores for the office that she thinks my kids will like and always pulls the shark stickers out of the Nemo roll for Ryan. After letting the phlobotinist in training take a stab at my arm we were off.
We grabbed our picnic lunch and cooled cookies and headed off to the park to meet friends of mine from high school and their kids for play and a picnic. We caught back up on Facebook. It was so nice and familiar, like time had never passed - other than we all have kids. We actually had a few minutes to talk and catch up because the kids all got along so well. Only a few minor mishaps which is close to perfect as it gets.
This afternoon I cranked out 4 loaves of zucchini bread and 24 zucchini muffins. On the to do list for tomorrow - more chocolate chip cookies, blueberry muffins & apple cinnamon muffins. We have a parking lot party at church on Saturday and a Brunch at church on Sunday. I'm a baking fool this week.
Signed,
Domestic & Loving it in Michigan
6 comments:
Sounds yummy!! You'll have to post your recipes!
Hi Jenelle- I got linked here through Teresa's blog. Just stopping by to say 'hello.' And that those muffins, bread, cookies sound so YUM!
Wow...it does sound like your house might be the place to be this weekend..so jealous of the good eats!!!
Erin- recipes to come
Miss Got Wings - glad you stopped by
Kiki - stop by and I'll save you some :)
For someone who has every right to be napping, you sure accomplished a lot!
oooh, I want your day..that sounds heavenly
Post a Comment