Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Little Man

My baby turned two. We put together both sides of the family, and for a delightful change, it went smoothly and remarkably unawkward. We did a farm theme based on Ty's favorite book "The Big Red Barn." He's completely taken with horses so we attempted a few things to do with them as well. Happy Birthday Little Man!! Love U

A saddle on a bale of straw made for a great pretend horse

For his cake I stuck with the great green field rather than attempting the big red barn. There was a big pile of hay and a little pile of hay... The bandana bundles were little party prizes for all the kids.

Yummy BBQ sandwiches, pasta salad, corn on the cob, fresh veggies & cake

My niece LOVES her corn

The haul

Ty really got in to opening his presents. We got lots of good laughs out of watching him.

He got a battery powered jeep. Our exciting gift was a battery for it.

And they played all day in the grass and in the hay.

Check out the smooth moves with the arm around the cousin on the hay ride.

Baby Emma enjoys her thumb.

7 comments:

Evil Transport Lady said...

Wow what a great B-Day! I love the saddle:) And your kids and nieces are so cute! Happy B-Day Little Man!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you did a great job with the cake and that cottage is beautiful! I love just hanging out with the kids and it is a shame that it takes getting away to do that sometimes! I never have photos of myself either! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fantastic party. Two is such a fun age. Glad you had a good time!

Rock Chef said...

Looks like a great party. The cake is great too!

Amanda said...

There was a big pile of hay and a little pile of hay...and THIS is where the children play...

Dang, makes me want another baby so I have a good excuse to read that book. My kids have kind of out-grown it...sniff...

One question, was there a little pig who was learning to squeal? :)

Teresa said...

I am so sad I missed it!! Great ideas and the cake is awesome too! I bet Tyler felt so special that it was all for him!

Happy Birthday Ty!!

P.S.-super sad I missed the cottage too...that jetski loooked WAY fun!! Glad you got to relax and have a great time with the kids and friends and family!

Jenelle said...

ELL - I'm a bit biased, but think they are pretty cute

Out of Hand - glad I'm not the only one with the picture problem. I need to take more of I won't show up in my family scrapbooks.

Terri - fun but LOTS of work

CRC - Thanks

Amanda - There was a pig on the cake, but we passed on the real thing. If you ever want to read the book again I can loan you my son.

Teresa - Thanks, sorry it didn't work out for last week, but look out friday!