We've had an exciting last 24-hours. We have a friend that got us in to see the Presidential motorcade up close last night. Bush was coming in to town for a fundraiser (today) and the vehicles were brought in early for prep. Of course we weren't allowed in the car, but got to look inside and hear all about how the President is protected. We were there for the kids, but my husband and his friend Ryan were the ones going crazy. My kids were more interested in the forklift parked next to the vehicles and the airport fire trucks that were in the hanger... Go figure. Maybe someday they will realize what an opportunity they had.
This is the presidential seal that is on the car when he is in it. They put it on for our little photo op.
Here's a look at some of the motorcade. Armored vehicles, hazmat response vehicle, etc.
Who's the biggest kid?
Me, the boys, and friend Ella.
Andy wanted a picture of some of the cases of weapons loaded and ready to go.
This isn't a picture of what we saw today, but pretty darn close. My husband works near the airport, so we met him for lunch and to watch Air Force One land. Again, the boys weren't really understanding the whole context, but it was a great opportunity to share with Ryan about government, respect and citizenship.
I know that there are mixed reviews about our President, but I want my kids to learn respect for people, their positions in leadership, to pray for them, and be involved in the election/governmental processes. So many died for our right to vote, let me encourage you to get out and make your voice heard on November 4. My response to complaints about government - if you didn't vote, you didn't earn the right to complain about the decisions being made.
This isn't a picture of what we saw today, but pretty darn close. My husband works near the airport, so we met him for lunch and to watch Air Force One land. Again, the boys weren't really understanding the whole context, but it was a great opportunity to share with Ryan about government, respect and citizenship.I know that there are mixed reviews about our President, but I want my kids to learn respect for people, their positions in leadership, to pray for them, and be involved in the election/governmental processes. So many died for our right to vote, let me encourage you to get out and make your voice heard on November 4. My response to complaints about government - if you didn't vote, you didn't earn the right to complain about the decisions being made.
7 comments:
What an awesome opportunity! My husband would have been "one of the big kids" too! LOL! Soo cool!!
I can -totally- see Andy geeking out over this. :>
Let's face it - us guys are just kids in big bodies!
So neat!! We celebrated Easter with a friend of a friend who is a mechanic for air force one and he told us all of the ins and outs about the protection of the president and all that cool stuff. He even has this super cool medallion that he carries in his wallet that he received when he took the job. It's a special presidential seal medallion (like a coin) that only those who work with air force one have. Very neat!!
That is great! I drive out of the Forest Hills/Ada area and I got to see his motorcade go through. I thought that was pretty special, that will probably be the closets I will ever be to a president.
How exciting! What a great learning opportunity for the kids!
I think it is pretty exciting!!! I love that kind of stuff - thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment