Ever get so many thoughts, projects, ideas, to do lists, and scenarios stuck in your head that you can't think about any one thing. I desperately need to focus to get everything done (which is a mile long list) and I can't wrap my mind around anything right now.
That spreads into blogging as well. I have no idea to write about. There is so much and yet so little to say. I'm so excited about good things happening. I'm frustrated about problems and scenarios going on. I'm uncertain about decisions that need to be made. I'm overwhelmed by the complex responsibility of raising kids (including one who keeps biting other kids).
I have no idea about the details of what different candidates stand for. I've no comprehension of the bail out agreement that was passed. I miss being educated, engaged, and involved in the world around me. I'm detached from the world around me yet still so stinking busy.
I love the fall season for all the yummy foods, fun activities, and beauty. Yet there is so much work that comes with it. Still haven't canned my applesauce.
So this week is my pursuit of clarity. I'm trying to finish projects rather than just starting them. Our whole family is working on cleaning up after ourselves and getting everything put completely away when we are done with them (no just in the right room or in a pile). I'm giving myself an area to deal with everyday to try to bring focus to tasks at hand rather getting pulled away into a million bunny trails. I'm vowing to never put 28 lots on eBay at the same time again. I'm praying that my little man will be well soon. This fever is kicking his butt. If he ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
I'm glad that it is a new week, with new potential, with a fresh start. I'm praying for wise words. I feel like in my busy-ness that I haven't been careful in my words or thoughtful to those around me. Good thing that His mercies are new every morning. I need that.
8 comments:
I so understand! And am so glad that I am not alone in this plight:) I have no words of wisdom, except to say that it sounds like you're on the right track with your week of clarity. Good luck to you:) Let us know how it goes...
Stress seems to be making the rounds in blogville. I hope things level out for you this week and that your little guy is feeling better soon.
I hate it when things get that busy - I need to be able to focus and was having real trouble doing that over the weekend.
The election? I really don't know who I is the better one. Palin has me worried, though. I think she could be really dangerous :-)
Hope the little one is better soon - everything will seem a lot better once he is OK.
I think this ties into my adult add/adhd post...:) I am so tired of not finishing stuff and to feel the weight of it hanging arund my neck until I am guilted into finishing or I plain forget about it anyway. I'm with you!
I'm laughing only b/c the first time I ever did EBAY (and didn't know what I was doing) I listed a TON of things and I soon regretted it and it drove me crazy!! Now I have a limit of how many I list at one time. Ugh..I feel for you!!
As for everything else...you might just wanna take a step back and look at every single thing you are doing and put them in order of importance and tackle no more than 3 a day or something like that. Is there anything you absolutely don't HAVE TO do? Your happiness is just as important as all the other stuff too...don't forget that. Call me if you need to talk...
Love you!
I'm here for ya babe! Wait, are we still thinking Wed?.....
finish projects? really, that's a possibility? we're actually just trying to complete one floor of remodel before moving down to the first floor....it's so hard because it's four years...and I'm tired of it and want to start a new project...sigh.
Oh my I soooo need to get on that
and as for dishes in the sink, overflowing onto the counter and sometimes in the unused oven...my, why never....hahahah
it's rare that my sink is EMPTY.
sigh
good luck to you with getting your canning done...and your lists accomplished....it certainly does feel good doesn't it.
I am completely with you on this...I have had a rough weekend and I'm feeling misunderstood and kind of angry...my words have not be cautious or kind this weekend. I have been selfish and thoughtless...but somehow I'm not ready to give that up...I think I might have to join you in that prayer because I am about to have what was promising to be an amazing weekend potentially spoiled by a family member. (Not a sister) So I'll be praying for wisdom and discernment, patience and kindness....We'll see how it goes...
Hope things settle for you soon...keeping YOU in MY prayers!!!
Post a Comment