So, looking for any tips that you guys might have on saving money. We're in the budget analysis state and looking at ways to trim our expenses - always looking for a few more ways to save a few dollars. Suggestions? Things that worked for you? Things that didn't work for you? Chime in.
And just to make you laugh, a 4-year-old's prayer. We were discussing what it meant to worship God this week. I explained that worship is expressing love, gratitude, & how great God is. We prayed together to put the concept into practice and this is what his little heart poured out... "God, thank you for my bottom, my penis, and for pizza. Amen." We'll be repeating this lesson again I think.
7 comments:
It's sad to say, but I can't think of any really serious money saving habits that we have. Other than we don't go on big vacations... Heh.
Ideas - Saving electricity and gas has been our biggest thing recently - turning off lights as you leave a room, switching the TV off instead of just onto standby, a bit of extra insulation (eg curtains across front and back doors) all seems to have almost halved our electricity bill this quarter!
That pray is wonderful! What more can a guy really want :-)
What has saved us the most money is going to strickly CASH. No debit or credit cards. Budget, budget, budget, and STICK to the budget no matter what!!! We had to go to cash because if I went $5 over grocery budget, and had the debit card, I would use it. If I have cash...I can't go over budget!
I think that may be the honest prayer of most men on the planet. :)
Love that prayer! No worries - I think he got the concept just fine. :>
I second the cash envelope system. I'm currently trying to repair a bunch of clothes so that I don't have to go buy new.
It's like a paradigm shift that we all have to make in the area of finances. Like Elizabeth mentioned...repairing clothes instead of just buying new ones even if they are on sale cheap. I've heard of some who are making their meal plans based on the sale ads. Visit this blog and maybe get some good ideas...http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com.
On the prayer...I think if each man were honest enough...they'd be thanking God for theirs too! LOL!!
Something that lowered our electricity bill a LOT was getting a smaller fridge. It's about waist high. We have a freezer about the same size in the basement. Our electricity bill last month was $35.
Post a Comment