Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Good Things

Here is a few of the good things happening around here this week.

* Andy passed his last CLEP test to finish his associates degree today. Last hurdle for his application to the police academy. Way to go!

* We finally got a frame for Tyler's bed. No more Asian style sleeping for you kiddo.

* Made some amazing strawberry crepes for breakfast and stayed in our jammies til noon. Strawberries were on the clearance rack - 2 pints for $.75 total!

* Picked up a bolt of chocolate brown fabric at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore - 35 yards of upholstery fabric for $10. That's more than enough for curtains for living room, slider, and maybe our bathroom.

* My boys are doing better playing together. I've really been praying that they would develop a strong friendship. There is lots of squabbling and fighting still, but at least there is laughter in between.

* I'm really enjoying my freelance work right now. It's a really good fit.

* I'm feeling better again and it's nice to be able to function again. Now I just have to dig out from under the laundry, dishes, and other things waiting for me to catch up on.

* When Tyler ran into the corner of the wall, he only came out with a bruise across his forehead. From the sound of it, I thought for sure we'd be on our way for stitches.

Hope you are having a great week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Andy! Congrats!

Good to hear you're feeling better and things are relaxed around your house. I understand how hard it is to see the sibling rivalry that develops between kids. I think to some degree it's inevitable, but if you can foster a friendship and make them feel like allies, that will go miles in preserving your own sanity.

Rock Chef said...

Sounds great!

My boys went in cycles for several years - arguing all the time - best friends - back to arguing. They have been best friends for pushing a year now!

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Glad things are looking up. Send my congrats to Andy. And HOLY COW on the fabric! I am totally heading over there soon!

Claire said...

That is a good list of good things!! Thanks for sharing - made me stop and look around and think about some of the good things in my day!