Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sweet Smile

My in-laws took my kids to their cottage yesterday to stay overnight. Huge treat for the kids, and us! Andy and I got to go out for dinner (brief date thanks to school running late). It's been a long time since we've had time to ourselves. Forgot what it was like.

On the way back this morning, little man fell asleep in the car, woke up when I took him out, and promptly fell back asleep on the couch. I looked over a minute ago to find him smiling in his sleep. Must be a good dream.

I rarely get to enjoy this peaceful side of my boys anymore, usually just in constant motion. Thanks God for this little reminder of how precious this time is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to enjoy some much needed one-on-one time with your hubby! You both deserved it.

Rock Chef said...

It is great to get time like that - my wife and I spent many many years without time out like that. We are now making the most of the fact that the kids are now old enough to look after themselves for a couple of hours...

It is easy to let these years fly past in a blur. Enjoy it while you can!

Amiee said...

I know several couples who do a date night once a month, that seems impossible to my husband and I, but I do like to try for every 3 months. Having that solo time with your partner makes you realize how much you need it!