Wednesday, July 15, 2009

You know you need to go grocery shopping when...

...you serve your kids ramen for lunch and the only thing you can find all the ingredients to make is tuna noodle skillet. We were out of everything!

So I restocked tonight and hit some great deals. Let me share for a moment because I'm so excited...
  • 5 boxes of cereal, box of pop tarts (haven't bought those in YEARS), and a backpack for $7.80
  • Pantene shampoo, conditioner, 2 hairsprays, Rubbermaid water bottle, sand bucket/shovel for $6.35
Can I just say I rocked the sales and coupons tonight. Then I bought a compact flourescent lightbulb for $10 and it took the wind out of my sail. For a light bulb? Seriously? They claim to last 8-9 years. We are starting to replace at under 2 years. The rest better last a bit longer.

Excited about my WAR party tomorrow night. I'll share more later.

2 comments:

Rock Chef said...

The WAR party sounds a bit sinister - are you going to burn down the next town or something? :-)

Kate said...

the Meijer's sale? Good for you!

I'm interested to find out what a WAR party is.