Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Not Caring

It's hard to not care. Especially for me. I'm an individual who deeply empathizes with what people are going through. I can't watch a lot of comedies because I feel so uncomfortable for people making a fool of themselves.

That's why it has been a long road to come to the point where the decisions my brother makes no longer matter to me. My mom called tonight to tell me my brother is engaged (for marriage #2). She found out when her friends saw the picture in the newspaper announcing the engagement for their March 2008 wedding. My mom is hurt over the whole ordeal and wants me to be upset too. Yet I can't bring myself to feel much about it. I'm disappointed for her sake, but I'm not surprised.

Part of me still longs to have some sort of positive relationship with him. At this point I am so guarded and synical, that God is going to have to do something extraordinary in my life and my brother's to make that happen. I believe that He can. Time will tell us if He will.

No comments: