First of all let me apologize for blogging about bathroom stuff. I know I've reached a new level in parenting that this is a topic of conversation...
What I've learned:
#1 - You as a parent are not in control
#2 - There is no logic to why and when a child will pee in a potty
#3 - There is no rationalizing with an almost 3-year-old
#4 - Miracles happen
#5 - Accidents happen
#6 - More accidents happen
#7 - Potty training is more about training the parent than the child
#8 - Never laugh at or question your friend's difficulties in training (Actually that's Andy's lesson - Andrea, I never laughed!)
#9 - Potty training will not last forever, but it may seem like it
#10 - Clorox wipes are a great invention when you spend that much time in the bathroom!
We had pretty good success this weekend. Ryan did well for the most part and we've made some headway on the whole ordeal. We ended up using coins to feed his piggy bank to reward successes rather than candy and it went much better. The big news is Ryan pooped in the potty today too! He's also gotten out of bed three times tonight to pee (currently 10:25 pm) and still isn't sleepy.
No comments:
Post a Comment