Sunday, January 21, 2007

Top 10

Been meaning to do this since Thanksgiving and finally getting to it...

TOP TEN LIST OF WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY:

#10 - Football. I'm talking the good ole' American version. Watching it on TV, going to a college game, or hanging out with friends at our Monday Night Football parties. It's not an obsession, but a fun distraction.

#9 - Autumn. Not just because it's football season, but the apple picking, apple cider, apple pie, hot chocolate, beautiful colored leaves that crunch under foot, sweatshirt weather and no longer feeling guilty about how weedy my flower garden is.

#8 - Mexican food. Unfortunatley Andy doesn't share my love of this cuisine and we don't partake as often as I'd like.

#7 - Youth group. It's a big time committment, but I love to see the change in the lives of kids I mentor. Right now it's Kailey. I can see all sorts of changes in her life and seeing how God is making her new.

#6 - Being creative. Scrapbooking, singing, painting, decorating, organizing, when I can make something more beautiful or functional.

#5 - Christmas. It really is more of an addiction than anything. The last couple of years with kids has made me realize I won't have a Martha Stewart looking Christmas for many years to come, but I'll take what I can. I love the food, the festivities, the decorations, making and giving gifts, the parties, and celebrating my Savior's birth. When else during the year do people make such a concentrated effort to make the world beautiful, be kind and generous, and have that many parties!

#4 - Couple friends. We are blessed to have several sets of friends where both the husband and wife are great friends. This makes it tons easier to get together, hang out, and share our lives.

#3 - Quirky extended family. They are often the source of strife and frustration, but at the end of the day I am blessed to have people that really do care about me. (sometimes too much)

#2 - Definitely my family. I love my kids! Tyler's big grin and Ryan's giggle & big hugs can make the world's worst day so much better. My husband is a great guy. He's helpful, supportive, messy, and thoroughly loves his family.

#1 - Being really connected to God. When worship is genuine with both my mind and emotions, and truely experience being in His presence.

2 comments:

Logzie said...

#8-Let's GO! I will eat it with you!!

#3-You better NOT be talkin bout me! :-)

Jenelle said...

Logziella - You're on for #8. Technically you fall in #3 but really are more of a #4.