I was listening to FamilyLife Today on the radio this week. If you aren't familiar with the organization/show - they provide resources for families, marriages, & life in general.
I have to say that I've really been convicted based on what I heard.
For instance:
#1 When is the last time you had an in depth discussion with anyone in person (blogs don't count) about your life, marriage, or areas that you struggle in? Who really knows you well enough to call you on areas that you are screwing up in? When the bottom falls out - who are you turning to?
#2 What is gossip really? It's more than spreading rumors or making fun of others. What about the caddy little things we say, the jokes at others expense, sharing of unflatering information about others, anything that takes away from how we should be representing God?
Both of these areas are a bit tricky for me. It's hard to even write it. I'm a gossiper and I'm not very real and transparent in most of my relationships. I'm too busy trying to save my own face/reputation to be completely me and to be someone that pleases God.
I'm on a mission to make sure each word I say is honest, humble, encouraging, beneficial. That's a HUGE task, but if I want to get past surface level relationships and regrets over things I've said - it's what I have to do.
1 comment:
Mmm, Mmm, Mmm, That is SO good and SO true!
You have put out a challenge for us all!!
Thanks Jenelle!
Post a Comment