Monday, February 25, 2008

My Buddy Is 4!

Four years ago, an answer to our prayers entered this world. After the heart ache of infertility and all that goes with it - it made the joy of little buddy's appearance that much more joyful. In some ways it seems like a distant memory and other times a quick blink.

Now he's a big guy learning to do so much on his own. When he woke up and I said happy birthday he almost knocked me over when he tackled me with a hug around the neck. He thought it was present time already. The real treat of the day was getting to go to work with daddy. He did awesome and enjoyed the farm that they made a delivery to.

Tried out Kuckie's Banana Split Cake to celebrate the occasion. The party isn't until Sunday, so I wanted to celebrate now. Can't believe I bought it for him, but we got him a bow and arrow set, camo shirt & hat. Andy promised him a bow and arrow last fall when he was sighting in his bow for archery season. Ryan didn't let us forget either. He's so excited that he gets to go turkey hunting with dad this spring.

Unfortunately I'm sick again. I really can't wait for spring to get this sickness over with. Anyways - Happy Birthday Buddy. We love you.





8 comments:

Amos said...

Ahhhh, Happy Birthday Ryan!!!

Logzie said...

Oh my, where does the time go?? I thought he turned 4 a month ago! LOL!!!

Happy Birthday Ryan!!!!!!

Amanda said...

Ha! I can't wait until the "arrow in the eye" post! :)

Just kidding - kids in cammo are so cute. And he'll have so much fun hunting with Andy, just don't forget the snacks!

KC said...

How cute! My youngest son (I have 2 boys, 18 months apart in age) will be turning 4 in March. Isn't this a fun age?! I'm sure you are loving every moment of it.

Evil Transport Lady said...

Happy B-Day big fella!

Feel better soon mom!

Camo rocks!

Jen said...

They really are so precious! And the time really does go by SO fast! Next thing you know you'll be getting one of his turkey's or deers mounted!!
Happy Birthday Buddy!

Jenelle said...

Logzie - you were just trying to make the celebration last longer.

Amanda - I too fear the "arrow in the eye" post. That's why he's only allowed outside with daddy with it

KC - I'm loving most of the moments of it. You know how that goes.

Lunch Lady - I feel your sick household pain.

Jen - My hubby is introducing my son to an expensive hobby. Those mounts in the future are already popping up dollar signs.

Kuckie said...

AWww, Happy Birthday big guy! How did the cake turn out, Jenelle?