Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Childhood Memories

Thinking back are there activities or things you did as a child with your family that you have great memories of? Anything that you wished your family would have done?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were always VERY involved in our church and went to mass as a family EVERY week. Over the years I may have rebelled and questioned my need for organized religion, but something about it is obviously deeply ingrained in me.

Something I wish we'd done more of...actually, something I wish we'd done AT ALL... talk to each other. Really and truly talk to each other. Not just answer when addressed, but have real conversations.

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

I wish there was more LOVE to go around in my family when I was growing up. More hugs. More smiles.

Anonymous said...

Lots of good - my dad taking us on hikes, my mom's cooking and parties, vacations to and with grandparents.

And I'd agree with the more talking, especially talking about feelings! So girly sounding, but being the only girl besides my mom, I could have used more of this.

Logzie said...

I have good memories but they are more about the event rather than the family aspect. Like the circus etc. I am trying to do all those things with my kids now...but as you well know...my husband is also experiencing these things for the first time. He was so deprived! LOL!!

Oh too many things to list that could have been different or better...I strive every single day to make my kids lives completely NOT like mine was!

tz said...

I could spend hours on a therapist's couch discussing what I could have had as a child...hahaha

Rock Chef said...

As a child I often wished that my family was a bit more "normal". However, at the same time most of my friends wished that their families were more like mine! I guess the grass is always greener, etc!