We celebrated Father's Day a bit early with Andy - dinner out to a local restaurant (support local economy with our buy 1 get 1 free coupon), new summer clothes, a couple of Bourne movies, and new fishing lures. The boys do an excellent job of picking out lures that work well. Andy looks forward to getting Ryan's find each year.
After church we headed up to the in-laws cottage. Most of the siblings-in-law weren't there but we had concocted a golfing excuse to get FIL out. Really Andy and his brother took their dad out for a glidder ride. He's been wanted to do so for some time but MIL was way too apprehensive to let him go. Boy was he surprised and she was a little more shocked when they got back with pictures. I kept laughing inside my head all afternoon at her comments. It was REALLY windy out and she kept saying "Man, their balls have to be flying all over the place." To which I'd smile and reply, "I'm sure that Frank's are!"
Father's Day is always a mixed bag for me, and I'm sure for some of you as well. My dad has been gone for years now and days like this always bring back memories. For some of you, maybe your father wasn't around or less than stellar in his presence. Maybe you long to be a father and can't, or have known the pain of losing a child. My prayers go out for you on this day. May you know the comfort of God, the father to the fatherless.
Happy Father's Day to all, especially you Andy. You are a terrific dad and our family is blessed daily by your love, kindness, and sillyness.
6 comments:
Frank's balls were flying all over the place....You're too funny! Seriously though, what an awesome gift!
I have been seeing your "naughty side" more and more Jenelle!!! (I like it!) Have I been corrupting you?? LOL!!!
Anyway, what an awesome Father's Day idea!! Glad you guys had such a nice time and got a break from all of your hard work! :)
And...thanks for that "visual" of my Uncle in Law's...youknowwhats! Blah!! LOL!!
From watching local golfers I have decided that for most players where the ball goes is not a very important part of the event - it is just being out there hitting there with friends and relatives that is important. A great treat!
If I had been drinking anything when I read this post I would be spitting by now!! You are better than me. I'd have "smiled quietly" once and giggled behind her back like a girl the rest of the time. What a good time. :>
Sounds like you had a great time.
father's day is also bitter sweet for me...my dad died when i was 19...and everyso often my birthday falls on father's day...it's even more bitter sweet...
Post a Comment