Wednesday, July 02, 2008

B is for Bummer, Bust, and Bite the Dust

After yesterday's success with the letter "A", I was really excited for "B Day." What I didn't know is that B is for fit, fussing, kicking, hitting, biting, time out, correction, discussion, discipline, and extremely long day. Yep it was one of those days. The one that you stock up all the good moments to make it through. The one that you count down the hours until hubby comes home. The one that you look at the clock and thoroughly expect to see 4 pm and find out it is only 11 am.

We did fit in a bike ride, bananas, baking brownies, bob the builder, etc. That was until meltdown time followed by terror at a major thunderstorm. I saw lightning in front of our house at one point. Then the power went out. No power means no lights, no microwave, no cooling for the fridge, no running water, no ... you get the point.

I was at my wits end so I broke out the flashlight and we played flashlight find to seek out everything that we could find that started with the letter B. The helped us bide sometime until Andy got home and cut the tree limb out of the driveway so we could go get something to eat. Half of town was without power (the half with good food) so where did we end up --> Big Boy. At least it fit into the B day.

The day is over (I think) and tomorrow is another day.

7 comments:

Kuckie said...

Sorry the day was kind of a bust. But hey, tomorrow is C, and C stands for calm, cool, collected, control, children, charming, and CHOCOLATE!!!!!

Rock Chef said...

B is for Blackout!

Sorry you had such a bad day after your wonderful A day.

Wonder what C has in store! Kuckie has some good thoughts - I was thinking Crying, Crappy, Concussion...

Jenelle said...

Kuckie - Thanks for your hopeful outlook. Of course chocolate is included in today's festivities. We still have chocolate brownies left over too ;)

CRC - I refuse to follow your C options, not today. I'm expecting the best out of my kids today (but prepared to deal with the worst).

Rock Chef said...

Good for you! Have a Crazy (in a good way) C Day!

Cal said...

HEY! Don't forget Captain Cal for C day! :-D It does nothing for your kids, but I'll be sure to celebrate... someplace... with something... :-D

I know - Captain Cal is Calling out Concerned prayers for his Circle of friends in the A&JJ abode! :-D

Anonymous said...

sorry the storm was such a bummer for you all there. we are leaving town and will be back tues, so happy 4th!

Amanda said...

Girl - you are super-motivated! When I did the letter deal with my kids, I did one a WEEK, not one a day! I said it was so the kids could get a good grasp on one letter before moving to the next...but really, it was so I didn't have to plan so many activites. :)