Saturday, July 19, 2008

Been Thinking

I've been tempted to post all week. What did I have to write about - impetigo, viruses, possible ear infections, sweltering heat. I'm tired of complaining and if I blogged earlier that 's what it would have been.

So, here are my list of blessings. Terri - sorry it isn't Friday.

* Our new illnesses iare easily treated or need to be waited out. No costly meds or follow up doctor appointments this week.

* I know our doctors' kids will have the funds to get a great education.

* Summer produce - our gardens are growing and fresh veggies are on the way. I picked wild blackberries for a blueberry/blackberry cobbler tonight. The produce from the stores has been amazing and I'm enjoying every bite. I've eaten 1/2 a bag of grapes tonight alone.

* Good friends - I sat in the sweltering heat with a couple of good friends this week to make $16 at a garage sale. We didn't make much money, but at least it was time together. Other phone calls to friends hit the spot in a week where I was worn down.

* On the 7th day God rested and it was good. Naps=Good, I have a biblical reason to enjoy naptime.

* Sight. I had a bizarre dream this week where I lost my sight. I awoke to the reassurance that I still had my vision. Rarely do I realize what a gift it is to visually soak up everything around me.

* The washing machine. I've done almost 80 loads of laundry in the past month do to the scabies, illnesses, and summer life with dirty kids. I can't even imagine living in pre-washing machine days. Don't want to imagine either.

* It's good to live in a neighborhood and being able to get to know people from a variety of backgrounds. I know it is going to take a while to get to know people, but I'm excited about the possibilities.

So there is my little weekend pep talk to myself. I have a bunch of pics to post and hopefully I can get to those soon. Until next time...

3 comments:

Kiki said...

I hear you on the impetigo front, I had it when I was young and it was not fun!!!!

I'll be keeping your family in prayer and especially some strength for you!!! Make sure you take care of yourself too!!!

Anonymous said...

You have had a lot on your plate lately, and no one would blame you for complaining. Trust me! I am continually amazed at your patience and postive attitude in spite of the difficulties you've endured lately. I'm thrilled that you took the chance to find the blessings inside the tough stuff. It really does help, doesn't it?

Rock Chef said...

I had a bout of impetigo a few years ago - not nice at all!

Let's home your illnesses are over for the summer, at least! You don't want to spend it all washing clothes!