Why is it that doubt comes so easily?
A few words from someone can make one doubt a decision. A mixed message can make one doubt a relationship. A failure can make one doubt their abilities. A hurt can make one doubt their ability to trust again... the list can go on and on.
It's like this daily conversation in my head between what can easily be doubted and what I KNOW to be true. Anyone else have these conversations with themself or should I seek professional help for the voices in my head?
5 comments:
You aren't alone. Trust me. Doubt used to be my best friend. Somehow, I started getting past it, although it still rears its ugly head now and then.
Here: http://swotvision.blogspot.com/2008/07/its-good-morning-guy.html
This guy, this post in particular, helps me get past the doubts. I became a regular reader because he is SO on the mark about believing in yourself.
I think it is a good thing to have that little voice of caution. He has stopped me doing some pretty dumb things in the past, I can tell you!
Or maybe I need to seek help with my voices too!
I think self-doubt happens to all of us. Just try and keep the conversation in your head POSITIVE!
A very wise friend just told me yesterday..."if you and your husband are in agreement on a certain decision...then who cares what anyone else thinks?" I agree with that and I am still mulling it over and over again in my head as being a recovering people pleaser makes things like that hard. But I'm working on it. Be encouraged my friend...whatever decision you and Andy make for your family...is the right one.
Love you!
Post a Comment