So it has been a full weekend with lots of places to go and people to see. It all kicked off on Friday night with a date with my hubby. It has been WAY too long. We went to this fabulous restaurant called "Charlie's Crab" with a view of the river downtown. I ate myself sick with Martha's Vineyard Salad (greens, pine nuts, blue cheese, raspberry vinagrette) Potato/Bacon Encrusted Whitefish, & Raspberry Chocolate Torte. It was worth every bite.
Ain't we cute all cleaned up?
On Saturday I took the kids to a parade for a local town celebration. Lots of sun and candy later - we were whipped. Everyone was ready for a nap.
Rest was short lived as we cleaned up to head out to meet Logziella & Kuckie for dinner. Kuckie & her family were in the area visiting family and we were able to meet up for dinner & playtime for the kiddos. Obviously we weren't on top of our game as we pulled our sleeping 4-year-old out of the car to find he had no shoes. Great mom moment. Luckily Logziella had pair of hand-me-down flipflops for Ryan in there van. Thank the Lord so we don't look like rednecks.
We had quite a wait for a table for 13 so we headed to the park next door when Kuckie tested out the mud. I'll let her tell that story.
We got to check out the ducks and fish in the channel next to the restaurant.
After a delicious dinner and crazy kids we headed to the beach with all the kids. Yes we were insane to think that would be a walk in the park. 7 kids, water, sand, later in the evening... You get the picture.
A quick picture before diving after kids in the water.
Logziella, Kuckie & Me - Amazing who you can meet online. Even better in person.
Ty's not so sure about the deep, soft sand.
Kendall, Ryan, & Logan frolic in the waves.
It's good to be a kid.
All good things must come to an end and this one did with very tired kids and lightly toasted parents. When you push your kids to the limits of their energy you are going to pay - and we did the entire hour home. Time with friends, definitely worth it. Next time maybe it will have to be a girl's night out so that we can actually talk for more than 2 minutes without interruption.
On Saturday I took the kids to a parade for a local town celebration. Lots of sun and candy later - we were whipped. Everyone was ready for a nap.
Rest was short lived as we cleaned up to head out to meet Logziella & Kuckie for dinner. Kuckie & her family were in the area visiting family and we were able to meet up for dinner & playtime for the kiddos. Obviously we weren't on top of our game as we pulled our sleeping 4-year-old out of the car to find he had no shoes. Great mom moment. Luckily Logziella had pair of hand-me-down flipflops for Ryan in there van. Thank the Lord so we don't look like rednecks.
We had quite a wait for a table for 13 so we headed to the park next door when Kuckie tested out the mud. I'll let her tell that story.
5 comments:
You 2 look great in those pictures!! Glad you enjoyed your date and ate well! LOL!
I had a fantastic time on Saturday night! The kiddos had as much or more fun too! I loved watched them all play and accept eachother.
You guys are SO cute!!!! Glad you enjoyed your date night.
It must be amazing to meet an online friend. I'm glad you guys all had a good time. I swear, one of these days, I'm arranging a blog-meet for a bunch of us. Maybe next summer.... hmmmm....
Jenelle - What a cute couple you are! And btw, I love your hair all flipped up like that!
I'm so glad you guys made the trip to meet up with us! As I told Logzie, you guys were all I thought you'd be...and more! I'm just sorry we couldn't talk more...but maybe next time!
And I totally understand about the ride home. We pushed it too far too...and then got a little lost on the way home. It ended up taking quite a bit longer than it should have. Oh well. It's not like I get to hang with 2 cool families like yours everyday!! Everyone got along so well!
Thanks so much for everything! I'm truly lucky to have met such special people out here in this crazy blogoshpere!
Looks like a great day!
great pictures...and sounds like you had a nice date with hubby and a great time meeting some online friends...thanks for sharing
Post a Comment