Wednesday, October 01, 2008

'Fess Up

Time to come clean (or dirty as the case may be). How long do your dirty dishes usually sit on your counter/in the sink before getting loaded in the dishwasher or washed? What's the longest they were left there? No judging. No bad thoughts about your cleanliness - just looking for a bit of reality in my day.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

I like my sink to be empty at the end of each day, unless there's something nasty from dinner that has to soak overnight. It's my one "must" when it comes to housecleaning.

LAUNDRY on the other hand...it can sit in piles for weeks. Thankfully my laundry room is in the basement - out of sight, out of mind, until the kids run out of undies. :)

kenady said...

2 days max before myself or R clean it up. I don't necessarily enjoy a sink of dirty dishes, but it usually starts with one cup, then a plate, then a spoon and knife and then before you know it it's full and ready to be loaded up into the dishwasher. Such is life:)

Anonymous said...

We're all SUPPOSED to load them as we go. Use a dish, load it in the dishwasher. Reality? We've gone a couple of days while everyone ignored the dirty dishes.

Teresa said...

Okay. One of my major pet peeves is having to stick my hands into a pile of dirty nasty dishes...especially ones I didnt' make dirty. So...the rule in our house is that all dirty dishes go into the dishwasher immediately! The only time that doesn't work is when the dishwasher is already clean and there's no time to empty it right away...then they can stack up on the counter but it's not more than 1 day if that.

It's just "our thing"...both Chuck and I hate dirty dishes being out and I think he hates it more and takes care of it more than me.

But...this past weekend when he was gone and I was zombielike...we'll that was a different story and that just got to the point where I was scared of teh mess and kept procrastinating it.

Could this be any longer?? LOL!

Rock Chef said...

Over night is the worst it gets, then they get blitzed first thing, before breakfast.

My wife refuses to have a dishwasher, claiming that it is both wasteful of water (a big issue in our corner of England) and less efficient than doing it by hand.

topher1kenobe said...

We have a dishwasher, and try to make sure it's running before bed, and the girls put dishes away while we make breakfast.

Pans sometimes wait over night, but never more than that.

Kiki said...

Pretty much the same here as everyone else, but the deal is that I cook and Ken cleans up. That said, I put dishes in the dishwasher if its empty and Ken usually cleans them in the morning, even though I hate waking up to a dirty kitchen, I'm not home long enough to stress about it. Off to work I go...

Sara said...

What's the longest? Try having your husband deployed for 12 months and see how motivated you are to do the dishes...

Ugh, I don't even want to think about the answer to that question!! I have been doing very good since he came home; I do them at least once daily. Buuutt... before this deployment, I am sad to say it wouldn't be uncommon for them to be there a couple days... while he was gone, even longer...

Rachael Rae Diaries said...

Hi Jenelle! Long time no see! just thought I would stop by and say hi!

I usually do my dishes right away but after living with a family who used a dishwasher I fell out of the habit so now that I live on my own they normally only sit there for maybe a day then it bothers me that they are sitting there! So I wash em'. I would use the dishwasher but it is just me, I only have a select amount of dishes and don't have enough to run the whole dishwasher. LOL :-)

Erin Morgan said...

I tend to do the dishes once a day. So the longest they sit (during the week) is 24 hours. On the weekend, they could sit there all weekend. :)

Claire said...

I like the dishes rinsed and stacked neatly in the dishpan until they get done - I guess two days is my average - but - I also use a lot of paper plates for many things so that helps - I usually wash and put the clean dishes in the dishwasher until that is full and then put them away - or they all go in the dishwasher and get down that way - no rules for me!!!